Subject: Re: Good glass and water attributes
From: [email-masked] (Terry)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 19:11:37 -0800

>Dear All.
>
>Someone must have some useful information on this. I am rendering a
>scene that needs a lot of glass and water, but none of the attributes
>I've tried so far give the right look.
>
>GLASS.
>
>The glass needs to be slightly milky so that it partially obscures the
>backdrop, it is bluish in colour and reflects very slightly the
>reflection map I am using. All the attributes I have tried so far
>appear too `hard' and the objects resemble diamond more than glass.

>Mike.

Mike I don't know about the Water, but if you need a Milky colored glass
try using 2 surfaces one that has the color and high transp. and the other
(try inside and outside) that is white with a medium transp. this way you
get the glass settings from the original surface and then the other surface
provides the illusion of milkyness, you will ahve to play with the settings
but the object should be easy to setup, just make a copy of the original
and scale it down slightly (like 2%) then rename the surface and paste them
together!!

It should work :-)

*************************
Terry Morris
Terry Morris Productions
[email-masked]

R T A H Studios
e a   i
a k   k
l e   e
i
t
y